VMware Horizon Community
Bemeros
Contributor
Contributor

Chrome and Horizon Persona Management

Anyone running Chrome in Horizon (version 7) with persistent google profile (using persona management)? 

It requires a Google Chrome ADM, which was fine, all that worked out ok.  First day it was fine, too, albeit slow.  Since then, however, every time someone logs in, the desktop reboots without warning.  I'm having a hard time pausing the reboot so I can get in to see logs.  I've scoured the internet, too, for similar problems and nothing. 

Any wisdom someone can shed would be wholeheartedly welcome. For reference, there's pretty much nothing else on the desktop, Chrome is our primary tool.  Windows 10 LTSB, (pre-anniversary)

thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SchwarzC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please set the Upload log to network (in Persona Mgmt/Logging GPOs) correctly and post one cycle of persona mgmt from a problematic machine.

And please post your actual versions.

0 Kudos
larjona
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
Bemeros
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I think Chrome for Business is the same thing as regular, but with a different installer.  Since I install Chrome manually on the parent image, and not auto-deploy it, I don't think it matters much. 

0 Kudos
Bemeros
Contributor
Contributor

See, now the network logging was a great idea, I did not know about this.  So when I set it up, what do I learn?  Nothing.  Problem promptly went away.  Ugh.

On one hand I'm glad it's gone (for now), but on the other I really wanted to know what was going on.  Also log was never actually save out, so I'll have to mess with permissions to see if I can get it working for next time.

thanks though.

0 Kudos