VMware Horizon Community
GTO455
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Chrome RDS App in Full Screen

We're having a strange issue and hope someone has seen this before and can help.

We've been using Chrome as a published app in Horizon 8 for a couple of months. It was working fine until the beginning of this week where, when launched, opens up in its usual application window, but now has a black screen behind it taking up the full screen. The full black screen cannot be changed, however, I can move the Chrome window around within the black screen.

The only thing I can see that has changed is that Microsoft Updates and Chrome were updated at the beginning of the week on the host server. Removing some of the Windows updates did not resolve the issue. 

Has anyone seen something like this before with Horizon RDS?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GTO455
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'll add my own fix to this.

It appears that either a Windows update, a Chrome update, (or both) caused the original issue.

A full restore of the host to a date prior to the Windows update was performed. The system was booted, VMware Tools, VMware agents and Chrome uninstalled.

Then we performed a manual update of Windows patches, and a reinstallation of Chrome, VMware Tools and Agents and everything returned to a normal state. 

0 Kudos