VMware Horizon Community
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Chrome Extension Fails to work on Physical Desktop ONLY when connect over PCOIP!

Greetings fine Horizon community,   Hope you're all doing well.

So I have a weird one that I can't get my head around at this time.    I have about 100 physical desktops in which we allow access over PCOIP and the Horizon client.     I have this one BA that does testing for web devs and really relies on a Chrome Extension called "Selenium IDE" to do his work.  It's kind of a handy extension for testing websites and you can check it here:  Selenium IDE - Chrome Web Store (google.com)

The issue I am seeing is that when he uses his desktop locally, the extension opens fine and runs like a gem; However, if he is working remote via the Horizon client from home on that same desktop via PCOIP, the extension does nothing when clicking on it.   Just no response at all.

When I install this extension on my desktop and remote in via the Horizon client, it works as desired.   (I have god rights).

I assumed this was some type of issue on the desktop but after, Clearing cache, resetting the browser, creating a new Chrome profile, reinstalling the Horizon agent and just about anything else I could think of it still won't work over PCOIP.   

Could anyone recommend what logs I might look at and what to look for in these logs to help see if this really is a protocol issue?

Horizon 7.13 and matching agent deployed to desktop.   Horizon Client version doesn't seem to make a difference

Thanks All...>Have a great weekend

Rob

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FelixYan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you explain more on “When I install this extension on my desktop and remote in via the Horizon client, it works as desired.   (I have god rights).”:

- If the "Selenium IDE" extension is installed on both Client and Agent sides, then everything works fine

- Otherwise, Connect to remote desktop via PCoIP, click on "Selenium IDE" extension, no respone

Whether my understanding is correct?

0 Kudos