VMware Horizon Community
Robert76
Contributor
Contributor

Checkout offline desktop fails

I have installed a trial ESX4, and on that server created three VM's; vCenter (Win2003 R2), View Connection Server (Win2003 R2) and a client (WinXP SP3, 1vCPU, 256MB RAM) and I'm trying to get the Offline Desktop feature to run on my physical laptop so I can checkout the XP VM, but no matter what I try I receive this error:

"The ESX Server that hosts this desktop's underlying virtual machine is unavailable."

There is full DNS resolution between all servers and clients, I have the same installation image on both my physical laptop as my XP VM, I have tried checking out the XP VM from several physical computers but still the same... Anybody have any idea? We are doing this experiment to see if we can fully/partially replace our existing Citrix environment.. Smiley Happy

BR

Robert

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Composer and Offline Desktops are not supported on ESX 4 (View 3.x isn't supported on vSphere period but these functions do not work at all specifically).

Want make a difference in the future of VMware Products? Feature request your ideas ( )!