VMware Horizon Community
Guv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Changing VDI Pool assignment from dedicated to floating.

We are using vmware view 4.6 and have a pool setup as dedicated assigment.  We want to change the pool from dedicated to floating now, so that anyone can get any VD  Is this possible to change in a pool from dedicated to floating.  I am aware users might not get their settings they saved on their dedicated VD, but is there any other impact on the pool, if its possible to change the assignment.

5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You would have to create a new pool to change the type. 

rabah
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using VMware View 5.0 and I would like to change a floating pool to dedicated pool, in VMware View Administration I Edit the settings of the pool but I cannot found where changing the type.

I think mike is right, we need to create a new pool.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Correct, you will have to create a new pool to change from floating to dedicated.

0 Kudos
TBliven76
Contributor
Contributor

I will have to agree with the others. The below documentation shows what you can change in a pool after it has been created. The only way to go from dedicated to floating would be to create a new pool that is floating.

VMware View 5.0 Documentation Center

0 Kudos
TBliven76
Contributor
Contributor

I will have to agree with the others. The below documentation shows what you can change in a pool after it has been created. The only way to go from dedicated to floating would be to create a new pool that is floating.

VMware View 5.0 Documentation Center

0 Kudos