VMware Horizon Community
rcaldeira
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Changing PCoIP variables based on User Location

Hi all,

My doubt is about how to change the PCoIP variable "Configure the maximum PCoIP session bandwidth" for the same user based on its location?

For example:

When my Boss is at work the variable value is 90000 and when he is at home its change to 400.

I tried Loopback Policy, but its aplied only for computers and users in domain, but my boss' Home Desktop is out of the domain.

I need something like this:

When my boss connect to VM over LAN (172.16.0.0/24)  |  Configure the maximum PCoIP session bandwidth = 90000

When my boss connect to VM over WAN (ANY) | Configure the maximum PCoIP session bandwidth = 400

Someone has an example how to configure it on AD GPO Manager?

Tks,

Rodrigo Caldeira

0 Kudos
3 Replies
millski
Contributor
Contributor

If it isn't possible within the current admx files, you could always go down the path of using Group Policy Preferences to set the appropiate registry keys based on network configuration using the builtin View variables provided within the client vm. In this case ViewClient_Broker_Remote_IP_Address may do what you are after.

0 Kudos
rcaldeira
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Tks millsky,

But these changes on registry keys after users logon is immediate? Or only after logoff?

0 Kudos
millski
Contributor
Contributor

If it is controlled via group policy, as a user preference then it would be on login. Additionally, it would also reapply itself on the subsequent group policy refreshes as well.

Additionally if this doesn't work as expected, another method you could use is by having a script (Powershell , VB whatever) in an accessible location (image, netlogon share etc.), and call the script using the gpo objects for the View Agent - CommandstoRunOnConnect, and CommandsToRunOnReconnect. Using the script, you could determine the IP from environmental variables again, and set the key to how you want.

0 Kudos