VMware Horizon Community
SCOlivier
Contributor
Contributor

Change vGPU profile on a VM t4_1gb to t4_2gb

Hello dear all,

Today i was try to change vGPU profile from our VM already on grid_t4_1b to grid_t4_2b.
I have clone my master VM to a second.
In the second one i have eddit settings and in PCI device 0, in vGPU Profile i have try to set from grid_t4_1b to grid_t4_2b.
When i start it, i get power on failures like "Insufficient ressources".
That's not true because i have 2 T4 card in the host on this vm and only 5 vm in grid_t4_1b profil.
I have already try to delete and readd the pci device with grid_t4_2b, same problem.

Someone have some idea?
We cannot run different vGPU profil in the same time on the same host?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MP-CAE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey @SCOlivier - I believe that your assumption is correct.  I don't think that the same host can have 2 different vGPU profiles at the same time.

Do you have a second host with vGPU cards in it that you can use to test and validate?

The other option would be to open a quick support request with NVIDIA and ask them since it looks like you are using NVIDIA T4 cards.

Let us know what you find out.

0 Kudos
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You should be able to run different GPU profiles within the same host as long as you have sufficient resources. Do an ssh to the ESX host and run "nvidia-smi" command to see the VM distribution across the cards.

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
SCOlivier
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I don't know why but it doesn't work with two different profiles on the same host...
Two different profiles on the same cluster yes when VM are not in same host...

0 Kudos