VMware Horizon Community
txfree2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Change Desktop size limit

I set the Desktop size limit to 300mb and now I want to change it to 500mb but I've been looking for that setting and I can't remember where it is Smiley Sad. I am pretty sure it's in the GPO and not the UEM/DEM but I can't remember where. Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi txfree2

What do you mean by desktop size limit? Are you referring to shortcut size limit/file or folder size limit on desktop?

0 Kudos
txfree2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry it's the profile storage spaces pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi txfree2

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > User Profiles.

You can set a size in MB to enforce how large the profiles are on local or network storage.

Shreyskar

Please mark the answer as correct if it address your query.

0 Kudos
txfree2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you, is there another spot I'm just asking because that particular one has not been enabled?

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi txfree2

Other location is Computer Configuration>Policies>Administrative Templates>System, and then User Profiles.

Those are the only location that controls user profile size limits. You can check if it is confgured through DC GPO or local GPO. Other than that there is a registry method to achieve this described in below link:

https://proposedsolution.com/solutions/error-exceeded-profile-storage-space/

0 Kudos
txfree2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks for your help.

another question I hope is quick. I have a redirected folder on the desktop that I want to put a size limit on it (5gb) is that possible just that folder nothing else?

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi txfree2

Yes. You can do that.

In AD file server resource manager, you need to create a quota template that applies to the share path(of folder redirection location) that will create a quota for each subfolder automatically.

You can then apply this quota using AD GPO on that specific group of users.

Quota Management | Microsoft Docs