VMware Horizon Community
DerekJ88
Contributor
Contributor

Change Composer Disposable Disk Size After Pool Creation

Simply going to pool settings and increasing the composer disk size doesn't change the disk size for already provisioned machines. Recomposing the pool machines also doesn't work. 

What are the steps to increase the disk size as I set it too low for the windows swap file to be created on it. Do I have to delete the machines and recreate them?

TIA,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DerekJ88
Contributor
Contributor

I had to delete the VMs and leave composer to re-provision them.

There has be a better way though. I was lucky the pool has only few machines.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I don't think there is an automated way to do this once the machine has been created other than a delete of the machine.   You could always try to increase it manually via vCenter and the OS of the desktop.   You may also be able to increase it via the vCenter and then recompose the VM but you would have to test it to see if it works.

royberk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My old companyhas tested this functionality and I dont believe it can change unless you reprovision/delete the VM.

Simply changing within View and refreshing does not do the trick

0 Kudos
DerekJ88
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Everyone ..I believe that settles it  .. you can't increase it without re-provisioning ..

0 Kudos
JasonV1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just a FYI, this does not change under View 5.1.

Generally speaking, it seems like anything that changes the technical details of a desktop pool cannot be done when it is deployed.

I just wish the GUI would be a little more clear on letting you know if a given change will proprogate to the desktops, and if so what you need to do (refresh, recompose, etc). If neither a refresh or recompose will enable the change I think the option should be locked out once the pool is deployed.

- Jason

Was my post helpful? If so please remember to award points by using the Helpful/Correct buttons. Twitter: http://twitter.com/jasonventresco Blog: http://vjason.com
0 Kudos