VMware Horizon Community
Tutti211
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Certificate problem

Hello,

I installed horizon 6.0.1 new and tried to connect to the VDI server over PCoIP port 4172 and get this error

vmware.jpg

and I have already tried to import the pcoiprootca but it doesnt change the fact that the standart certificate after the installation from vmware is not working.

what can i do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You normally do not connect directly to a VDI Desktop and never on 4172.

Usually you connect to the Horizon View Broker on 443 and then gets brokered to the pool that is entitled to your user.

The only exception would be if you are using the Direct Connect agent, then you would connect directly to the VDI Desktop but still on 443.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You normally do not connect directly to a VDI Desktop and never on 4172.

Usually you connect to the Horizon View Broker on 443 and then gets brokered to the pool that is entitled to your user.

The only exception would be if you are using the Direct Connect agent, then you would connect directly to the VDI Desktop but still on 443.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Tutti211
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok thx Linjo

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

1. So you have a Horizon View Connection broker?

2. You can connect with the Horizon View client from internal network?

3. You can not connect with the Horizon View client from the external network?

If the answer to 1,2 and 3 is yes then you have either not configured your external URL and PCoIP gatweway IP correctly or a firewall is blocking the traffic on the way in or out.

// Linjo

0 Kudos
Tutti211
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It was just that I hat a dynamic IP so that was the problem I didn't get on the vm over the internet but now all works thx.

0 Kudos