VMware Horizon Community
JMichaelLynn
Contributor
Contributor

Cert issues after UAG upgrade.

Hey folks,

So I missed the line about getting my .pfx file before doing my UAG upgrade from 3.10 to 2106.2 on my on premise VDI setup.  Most of our users login using the web client and now they can't login because the new self signed cert is not accepted.  I am pretty sure the first thing I need to do is locate the .pfx file to set my private key as exportable and then I might get back in business but can't find it.  I used digi Cert to create a CSR from my windows 10 pc and thought that would create a new .pfx but I can find it and using the MMC with the cert snap in is not getting me anywhere either.  I have read a lot of articles and watched videos and am a bit confused at this point.  Can anyone get me back on track.   Thanks  Oh as far as Horizon Console goes the UAG is healthy and happy.   I do not have a load balancer and only 1 nic setup.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

hi @JMichaelLynn 

Certs can be a pain, I created this blog to help people create certs for Horizon/UAG's & AVM.

https://www.vbrit.net/certificates

Do you have the cert on your Connection servers in good working order with the private key?

if so you should be able to export the cert with the private key. Then use OpenSSL to extract the key etc.

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
JMichaelLynn
Contributor
Contributor

Wow and your blog has an great screenshot of exactly the problem I ran into.   Also I love the title as it is very close to the doc file I created to help me remember what to do on my windows servers need signed certs renewed.   

0 Kudos