VMware Horizon Community
lawrencej
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cannot start connection server service

Hi all,

I recently upgrade our View Connection Server from 5.3.4 to 6.2.2. The upgrade worked correctly and is all working fine. I then decided to upgrade the OS from Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012 R2. The upgrade of the OS went without a problem.

However, once the server was booted I noticed the View Connection server service would not start. This was because the VMWareVDMDS service was missing. As I could not find a solution I had to roll back to a snapshot I did before the upgrade of the OS.

Is there any reason why this service would be removed when the OS is upgraded? Is there a way I can repair the View install to put back the missing service if I upgrade the OS again?

Thanks,

James

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not sure why it would remove the service but there is an alterative way of doing this.   Instead of upgrading the existing broker OS you could built a new 2012 R2 server and simply join it into the replica group.   Once you verify everything is working correctly on the 2012 server you can retire the 2008 broker.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not sure why it would remove the service but there is an alterative way of doing this.   Instead of upgrading the existing broker OS you could built a new 2012 R2 server and simply join it into the replica group.   Once you verify everything is working correctly on the 2012 server you can retire the 2008 broker.