VMware Horizon Community
VSprague
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Cannot save vcenter entry in View 5.2

I'm trying to setup View 5.2, when I try to add the vcenter server but I get an error saying "cannot save vcenter entry". I tried disabling UAC on both the View server and the VCenter server but it had no effect. I'd rather not go back to View 5.1 so I'm hopefully someone has a solution. I am not using vShield either. I am also using VCenter 5.5. I did not see a View 5.5 version anywhere so I'm assuming 5.2 is still the latest.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VSprague
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ok, very stupid, I was using just administrator for the vcenter credentials, when I used domain\administrator it worked fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
A3networking
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Try turning of User Access Control on the v-center server.. I had the same error and this resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
A3networking
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Also - make sure you have domain privileges assigned to v-center and can successfully login with those credentials

0 Kudos
VSprague
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I tried those but they still didn't work, I tried View 5.3 instead and got further but when I get to end it's back to cannot save. I checked the licensing and it says "View Composer License: Disabled" so I'm wondering if that's my problem.

When I get to the store section of adding the VCenter server the hosts are not showing up either for some reason.

0 Kudos
VSprague
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ok, very stupid, I was using just administrator for the vcenter credentials, when I used domain\administrator it worked fine.

0 Kudos