VMware Horizon Community
NilsTa
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot look up datacenter from Virtual Center error message (Vmware Horizon)

Hi. Recently our VMware team did some maintenance on the vSphere level and after that i really cant access my desktop pools in Vmware Horizon anymore. And before you ask, they don't know what they did to cause this 🙂 . Any time i click on any of my desktop pools i get the error message that is in the attachment of this post. Can't access the summary screen and with that no editing of my pools anymore. Have tried restarting connection server/composer, but no help from that. My only prediction is that something broke on the Horizon side when the VMware people change the name of the cluster where all of my VM-s are.

The good thing is that all of my desktops work and users can access them, but i just can't configure them in any way. When i create a new desktop pool everything works fine, but the old ones are just dead when it concerns editing them. I know that one "solution" would be to re-create my pools, but there is a problem here. There is no problem with floating pools, but the situation gets more problematic with dedicated ones. Is there anything i can try to fix the pools ? I really wouldn't like to create new pools (at least not the dedicated ones).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NilsTa
Contributor
Contributor

Managed to solve it. There were also changes in the folder structure on the vSphere level (some folders had names they shouldn't). After changing them, things got solved.

0 Kudos
erjavectomas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi NilsTa,

I have the same issue... what folder structure was changed? 

0 Kudos
crazywilly
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar issue. I had changed the name of the datacenter in vsphere and that caused the link to break. I simply renamed it back to what is was before and it resolved the issue, Horizon Pools don't take kindly to name changes in the structure. I'm sure someone else could enlighten us where to make the change in Horizon.

0 Kudos