VMware Horizon Community
pittsy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot connect to host via VMWare View Security Server 4

I have installed and configured VMWare View Connection Server and can connect to the shareed VM (Windows XP Pro) via the view client without an issue. The problem Im having is that I have configured the security server in my DMZ and allowed the appropriate ports in from the DMZ and port 80 and 443 from the Outside to my DMZ. I access the public URL and it prompts me to authenticate which I do and then it publishes my desktop pool. I click to connect to the shared pool and it says connecting for approx 5sec, and then just drops my connection. Now, if I go onto my View Security Server on my DMZ, I can connect to the desktop fine via RDP.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

eeg3 is correct if you have direct connection enabled on the connection broker paired with the security server then you would be forced to open up 3389 to the outside world since the desktops would be trying to connect directly to the desktop. The proper way to move forward is to create the replica with direct connection disabled and pair the security server with that box.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
eeg3
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

On your Connection Server, do you have "Direct connection to desktop" enabled? You can check by going to View Manager->Configuration->Servers->Click on your View Server->Edit.

The View Security server does not work if this is enabled. You will have to create another connection server replica with this disabled as a work around. We ran into this issue recently, as we had to have direct connections to desktop enabled for Wyse's TCX software to fully function.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

eeg3 is correct if you have direct connection enabled on the connection broker paired with the security server then you would be forced to open up 3389 to the outside world since the desktops would be trying to connect directly to the desktop. The proper way to move forward is to create the replica with direct connection disabled and pair the security server with that box.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
pittsy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks guys! The change worked like a charm. Had to make an internal DNS change but after that, the VM came right up within the portal.

Thanks

0 Kudos