VMware Horizon Community
sdawe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot connect to VM's once they are created

I have installed VMware view and connected to my Vcenter server. I have installed composer on the vcenter server and View manager recognises it.

I have created a Windows Vista VM, joined to domain and snapshotted it.

I then created a persistent desktop pool, and allowed users to access it. I can see the VM's view created on VCenter

However, the View Client cannot access the VM's (It can see the desktop pool) bit tells me the client is not available.

Any ideas on what I have missed?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wkdixon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Go to the desktop resources for the pool in View administrator and check the status it should say "Ready". If it does not that usually means that there is something blocking port 4001 from the agent back to the View connection server. I had this when deploying a pool on a different subnet and there is a network firewall between the network zones. Also the Vista Firewall can sometimes be reset on the deployed VM so check that has not been re-enabled and adjust the GPO if necessary.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
guyrleech
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Did you install the View Agent in your Vista VM? Is RDP working ok to the VMs? Are they registered in DNS? Is the Windows Firewall blocking anything?

---

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

-- If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
sdawe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes I have installed the VM agent, RDC is enabled and Windows Firewall is turned off.

0 Kudos
wkdixon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Go to the desktop resources for the pool in View administrator and check the status it should say "Ready". If it does not that usually means that there is something blocking port 4001 from the agent back to the View connection server. I had this when deploying a pool on a different subnet and there is a network firewall between the network zones. Also the Vista Firewall can sometimes be reset on the deployed VM so check that has not been re-enabled and adjust the GPO if necessary.

0 Kudos
sdawe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This is what happen. I found this, changed the GPO and re snap shotted the base VM. Everything works.

Thanks for the pointer

0 Kudos