VMware Horizon Community
FFPWarrenPalmer
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot connect to Terminal Services pool using Vmware view client.

Hi all,

I'm trying to evaluate Vmware Horizon. I have set up a terminal services pool on my connection broker but when I try to connect to the pool I get the following error...

"This Desktop Currently has no Desktop sources available. Please try connecting to this desktop again later or contact your system administrator"

It was to my understanding that users should be get their own session when connecting to a terminal services server much like you would if you used windows remote desktop.

I am able to use the VMware client to access my other linked clone pools.

any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

What is the status of the pool under View Administrator?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Have you installed the agent on the Terminal Services machine and does it show up under "Other desktops"?

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
FFPWarrenPalmer
Contributor
Contributor

mittim12

No sure what you mean by status. The server is enabled. Terminal services servers only appear as on or off in view manager admin console

Linjo

Do you mean "Registered Desktop Sources"?

The agent is installed on the Terminal services server. The server appears under Terminal Services sources in VMware, You cannot create a Terminal services pool without the agent on the source server.

I've recreated the terminal services desktop pool it has exact the same settings as the first. one pool works the other doesn't, both are terminal services pool with exactly the same settings.

any ideas why one would work but not the other?

I'd like to know as ill need to create a second Terminal server soon

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Yes, sorry, that's what I meant...

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
FFPWarrenPalmer
Contributor
Contributor

It shows as "Terminal Services sources"

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I just noticed when my Terminal Server pool was having issues the agent would read as unavailable.   I just wanted to see if yours was doing the same.     Can you RDP directly to the terminal server without any issues?

0 Kudos