VMware Horizon Community
ForemanNZ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cannot clone guest to replica more than 2 at a time - any idea

When I create a new snapshot and assign a View pool, if I try to clone too many new desktops at a time the cloning fails, but if I only clone 2 at a time until the replica's are cloned, I don't get any errors!
Interestingly, once the desktops clone from the replica's and not from the source image snapshot, it can clone upwards 10 or more at a time with no issues!  It also does it on a brand new guest, build up from a Windows ISO ...

Any ideas?

Current setup:

3 hosts

Each host has an SSD drive partitioned into 2 partitions for View desktops (not my idea - looking to consolidate to 1 partition per host)

iSCSI SAN

Error:

View Composer Fault: Unexpected VC fault from View Composer (Unknown) - Unknown - <fault xsi:type="FileFault" xmlns="urn:internalvim25" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<file>/vmfs/volumes/51e52fa8-a7f6510c-e6ae-b8ac6f8bed06/Tmpl-W7-140512/Tmpl-W7-140512.vmdk</file>

</fault>

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ForemanNZ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This ended up being a faulty drive, but the drive did not show up as being faulty until I removed it and tested it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
askdfijhasf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did you find any cause/solution for this?

0 Kudos
ChrisBCarlson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

can you provide more information on what you are doing?

what type of operation are you trying to perform on the pool? how many pools? and how many datastores do you have in that pool or pools?

0 Kudos
ForemanNZ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This ended up being a faulty drive, but the drive did not show up as being faulty until I removed it and tested it.

0 Kudos
ChrisBCarlson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

awesome you should mark the question answered Smiley Happy

0 Kudos