VMware Horizon Community
arvon
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot add vcenter server in View 6: cannot finish because of the invalid certificate

Although I accepted the thumbprint, somehow this does not get back to the Horizon View Administrator, because I keep getting this message:

"Possibly an invalid vCenter Server certificate. Please verify the identity of the associated vCenter Server."

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Have you changed the vCenter cert or is it still the selfsigned one?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Jamz0r
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, I enter my vCenter details and accept the default self signed certificate but when I come to complete the wizard I receive the error "possibly an invalid vcenter server certificate. please verify the identity of the associated vcenter server". I have not changed the certificate on my vCenter server, it is still the original self signed cert. I did not have this issue when running a separate View 5.3 trial.

I am running vSphere 5.1 and my connection server is running on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Thanks

0 Kudos
arvon
Contributor
Contributor

@Linjo: Almost exactly the same situation for me. No change in certificate (so using the default) , vSphere 5.1 , no problem with this in a separate running View 5.3. I run my connection server on Server 2012 R2.

0 Kudos
acruizu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have exactly the same problem. Did you found something?

0 Kudos
acruizu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check this first: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=208200...

Then this if you want to do it the easy way: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=204160...

Hopefully works for you.

View 6 does not support key lenght lower than 1024.

0 Kudos
arvon
Contributor
Contributor

That could be the problem. Unfortunately I'm not the admin on the vCenter server, so I have to wait for our admin to do this and confirm that it works. Meanwhile, when setting up a new environment with a new vCenter server, everything works flawless with View 6.

0 Kudos