VMware Horizon Community
sbrousse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cannot See vSGA Options in Horizon View 5.2

I currently have a brand new VMware Horizon View 5.2 environment.  The build number is the latest i can download 987719.

My issue is when i go through the pool creation wizard i do not see the options for the vSGA.  The 3D Rendering Options appear as they did in previous versions where it just says Enabled/Disabled.  I realize that there should be more options, Automatic/Hardware/Software/Disabled. 

Why if i am on the latest build would this be missing?  Is there some hardware requirement that i am missing?.  I compared my view server with the hardware reqs and they seemed to match.

Any thoughts on this?

Also while I'm at it i can't really find details on what those different options are actually doing.  What is the difference between the hardware and software options?

Thanks guys,

SB

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vRickE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I remember having that issue when running different versions of ESXi on the same vcenter it wasn't until we upgraded all host that they became available... might not be you case..

@rickespada

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
vRickE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What version are your esxi hosts?

@rickespada
0 Kudos
sbrousse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cisco UCS running a custom ISO of 5.1 Build 1065491

0 Kudos
vRickE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I remember having that issue when running different versions of ESXi on the same vcenter it wasn't until we upgraded all host that they became available... might not be you case..

@rickespada
0 Kudos
sbrousse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

All the hosts are on 5.1, but different builds as one is a custom UCS, another is Custom Nutanix and another is just the straight ESXi download from VMware's site.

Just to make sure we are all on the same page below is the image of what i am seeing during View Pool creation. I do not see the extended options under the 3D Renderer

missing svga.png

0 Kudos
vRickE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Correct.. that's exactly what we saw... we had a cluster mixed with 5.0 and 5.1 hosts while upgrading and when creating the pool we had only those two options.

@rickespada
0 Kudos
sbrousse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The Nutanix Custom ISO has a different build but every host is 5.1.  Do you believe the different build numbers could still be causing an issue?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You see exactly what you should see. "Hardware" means to use a GPU, "Software" means do not use a GPU, and "Automatic" means use a GPU if possible.

There are no other settings on the View pool settings for vSGA. The rest is on the vSphere side.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
vRickE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Linjo,

He only sees enabled or disabled which means only software is going to be used if enabled, not the automatic,software, hardware, disabled options.

sbrousse have you tried patching all hosts to the same build?

@rickespada
0 Kudos
sbrousse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorry for the belated reply but yes bringing them all to the same version did solve the problem.

Thanks vRickE!

0 Kudos