VMware Horizon Community
techgeekwill
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot Connect to "Available" desktop, Event DB says Pool Empty.

I've got a test pool configured with a single desktop available in it. This is to test the transition for 14/14 users.

I am able to login to the desktop fine with one user, at which point, I log out of the desktop and disconnect the View client. When I reconnect to the VCS, I login as a different user, but cannot launch the desktop for this pool.

The client displays - "This destkop currently has no desktop sources available....". When I check the Event DB for the Pool, I can see the failed attempts and the error states that the pool is empty. However, looking at the pool, the desktop shows available.

I tried to contact VMWare, but Tech Support pushed me to pre-sales, and pre-sales had no clue what I was talking about.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you can assign user's to a desktop it still sounds like a dedicated Automated linked clone pool.   A floating pool is what you are after which means every VM is available to be used by anyone who logs in.   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the forums.   Maybe you setup the pool as a dedicated pool so that the first user is assigned that desktop.  Once that happens no one but that user can login to the desktop.  

0 Kudos
techgeekwill
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No, it's an Automated pool using Linked Clones. Even after a reset, it won't work.

The only thing I have found that will fix this is to manually assign the specific user to the desktop, then unassign. Of course, I cannot do this each and every time they crew change.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you can assign user's to a desktop it still sounds like a dedicated Automated linked clone pool.   A floating pool is what you are after which means every VM is available to be used by anyone who logs in.   

0 Kudos
techgeekwill
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You were right. Forgot I created it that way, I wanted the ability to test Local Mode.

0 Kudos