VMware Horizon Community
Yunyi1989
Contributor
Contributor

Can uag add domain users individually?

I am using uag in my horizon view environment and it is normal, I want to know is it possible to add my domain user separately on uag? This way I can allow some users to use it remotely, if so where should I add it?Looking forward to your reply!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @Yunyi1989 ,

You cannot add users to an UAG appliance. The UAG is a proxy for your Horizon Connection servers, so all settings must be done on the connection servers. 

To restrict certain users from using Horizon from outside your network, you can specify "external users" (or a group) on your Horizon Conneciton servers (Users and Groups - Remote Access). Only those users will be allowed access through the UAG, while other users will still be able to connect to Horizon internally. If no users/groups are specified on the Remote Access page, any entitled user can login remotely. 

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
0 Kudos
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @Yunyi1989,

You can manage remote access via the Horizon Console:

1. In Horizon Console, select Users and Groups.
  2. Click the Remote Access tab.
  3. Click Add and select one or more search criteria, and click Find to find users or groups based on your search criteria.
  4. To provide remote access for a user or group or a user with unauthenticated access, select a user or group and click OK.
0 Kudos
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Exactly what @Mickeybyte says:)

0 Kudos
Yunyi1989
Contributor
Contributor

Great idea,Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos