VMware Horizon Community
WCHAdmin2
Contributor
Contributor

Can the VM be 'forced' to connect?

So... we have a test we are trying to perform. We have a number of virtual desktops and have been successfully using them for a while now, we are presently on View 4.0.1 using the view client 4.0.1 or vsphere4 client.

My question is this... our Virtual Desktops are running on a VCenter server, and we want to have them auto-login as a generic desktop for our users to connect to, rather than logging into windows as the user. The problem is, the View Connection server sees the desktop logged on, and won't connect the remote user coming in to that desktop as it thinks it is busy, already logged on.

Is there a way to make the View Connection Server mark that desktop as 'available' even then auto-logged in to Windows?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
WCHAdmin2
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, no one seems to have thoughts regarding this, I've tried entering credentials in the View GPO objects thinking this might override the windows credential sharing, but it does not. Still looking for a way to force the client machine to logon using a particular generic account, not the user account... I know this sounds weird but there are reasons behind it application-wise...

0 Kudos
eeg3
Commander
Commander

Have you looked into Kiosk Mode in View 4.5? If I'm understanding correctly, this might be useful for what you're trying to do.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
0 Kudos