VMware Horizon Community
ygubbala
Contributor
Contributor

Can't split remote desktop screen using Horizon Client on Mac

Hey All,

I have a mac which I use it to remote to my work pc. We are using vmware Horizon Client 5.40 for connecting to my WIndows work pc. I wanted to be able to split my remote desktop screen to the newly added monitor attached to my mac. Even though there is lot of documentation that vmware provided, the options are not just available and I tried setting up my second monitor and had no luck. I am wondering if anyone has any idea on how to use multiple display monitors after connecting to your remote pc using this Horizon Client? Or is it that I am using a incorrect version of Horizon Client or do I need a different software to do that?

Thanks,

Yamini

0 Kudos
5 Replies
davebaker87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Not sure I fully understand your question - but if you check the settings within the Horizon client, you should see your monitor layout (2 side by side boxes, I presume) - and you can click in the boxes (you'll see a tick) and the horizon client will then span the display to the monitor you specify.

0 Kudos
ygubbala
Contributor
Contributor

Hey davebaker87

Thanks for the reply.I have checked that option and I happened to select both the monitors. But, I still cannot move any of the window from my remote desktop to the other monitor. Even though Horizon client identifies the other monitor. On side note, I am using version 4.10 which is of course not the latest version because the latest one has some cursor problems. Like for example, you can't directly click on the link you will need to adjust the cursor space a little and click a little below the link. Sometimes, everything appears twice.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
davebaker87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So presumably your rdp client defaults to your primary monitor, so try making your right screen the primary in the windows OS, does the rdp session then swap too? I'd look at of there's any gpo controls you can use to change it. Though I imagine you've tried this ?

0 Kudos
davebaker87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Oh it's a mac , sorry,I'm short on ideas I'm afraid

0 Kudos
ygubbala
Contributor
Contributor

davebaker87

Yes. I am using a mac to connect to windows computer.  Earlier you mentioned to swap the monitors in the remote desktop and I tried that too. Although, Vmware Horizon client software recognizes the second screen but I could not take any of the windows from my remote desktop to the second screen. It stays either on main mac laptop or the second monitor, not on both of them Smiley Sad

Thanks,

Yamini

0 Kudos