VMware Horizon Community
Thistle22
Contributor
Contributor

Can't install vmware Horizon Client v 2006 for Windows 10 Home

I need assistance in successfully downloading VHC version 2006.  Currently, I have had only success in launching/installing versions 5.0 and 5.2.  I can't successfully install or upgrade to the current versions.

I tried the following troubleshooting procedures (I have only tried using the links):

1. Ensured all previous VMware versions were removed prior to installing a new version, except when I tried to upgrade the successfully installed versions.  However, when I do the latter, it removes the original successfully installed version when the install fails.

2. Turned off security protocols during installation

3. Ran the program as administrator

4. Used both the auto and custom install features.  When using custom features, I only had Ipv4 marked.

5. I have met all system requirements.  I have 12 GB of space available on my computer, have the most current version of .NET.

6. I have rebooted the computer between attempts to install.

7.  I get the following event messages:

The VMware Horizon Client service is marked as an interactive service.  However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services.  This service may not function properly.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID .

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Thistle22

Moving post to Horizon view communites.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
0 Kudos
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Try this

Unable to install VMWare Horizon Client 5.4.3 on Windows 10 Home (2004) 64-bit .

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I wonder if it's because Windows Home doesn't support Remote Desktop?

0 Kudos