VMware Horizon Community
SteveHurd
Contributor
Contributor

Can't edit Desktop Pool after upgrade to 7.10 from 7.9

Hello Everyone!

I'm doing a Horizon 7.8 to 7.10 upgrade for a customer tonight and I'm running into a problem after taking my test environment to 7.10 from 7.9:

Everything appears to be fine using the HTML5 environment except when I try to edit a Desktop Pool that was created in 7.9.  I get the spinning circle and the page doesn't populate with the settings.  I need to recopmpose my pool with the new snapshot that has the 7.10 agent installed.  Has anyone seen this before?  The upgrade on the connection server to 7.10 went fine as far as I can tell.

SteveHurd_0-1611229724570.png

Thanks!

Steve Hurd

Volta, Inc.

Louisville, KY

10 Replies
VM_Tech143523
Contributor
Contributor

Hey SteveHurd,

Have you come up with a solution to this issue? My environment has the same symptoms you are listing.

Any help is appreciated, 

Thanks!

VM_Tech_143523

0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Hello
Maybe these are trivial answers but have you tried with another browser? Have you tried clearing the cache? Have you tried from another client?

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
VM_Tech143523
Contributor
Contributor

fabio1975

If you are addressing me, then yes. We have tried multiple browsers and have narrowed it down to something in our environment. We however are on 7.13.0 build - 16962788. Were currently working on a ticket with VMware, but haven't quite gained any traction to what the real issue is. 

I thought we were having a one off issue. Its nice to see that we are not the only ones struggling. 

0 Kudos
bolivas
Contributor
Contributor

Did you every get an answer to this? 

0 Kudos
fascik1
Contributor
Contributor

SteveHurd - did You resolve the issue? I have the same problem with my horizon admin's page. Can't edit pools. 

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Unless your on the same versions, I'd post this as new and open a SR with support. 7.10 support ends within 6 months and should go to 7.13 which may fix this. I went from 7.5 to 7.10 to 7.13 and didn't see this. You can see this if you changed any vcenter identifiers like cluster names or something similar.

btalton
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like a long shot since this is over a year old, but anyone find a cause or solution to this?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Are you on a recent version?

0 Kudos
btalton
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

My suggestion is the same, if its just an upgrade, I'd upgrade to the latest 7.13 version. If you can't do that, look at the debug log on your connection servers, something should show up in there giving a hit why its wrong. I know in the past if I renamed anything in vcenter something would show up in there,.

0 Kudos