VMware Horizon Community
msaundersmcp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't connect to Desktop after Vmware tools update

Hey guys,

I am having issues with a Samsung PCoIP device where is refuses to connect to the windows 7 virtual machine since vmware tools was updated

I know very little about vmware view, when it tries to connect it connects to the vmware view server, finds the Pool and then looks like it going to connect, but all I get is a black screen then get returned back to the login prompt

The PCoIP device can ping the VM

I can login to the VM via RDP

Vmware View version 4.6.0 build-366101

Any help would be great

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The VMware tools install have probably updated the video-driver that is specific for VMware view. Try to install the VMware View Agent again and be careful about VMware Tools updates.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
julienvarela
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you attached the vmware view agent and pcoip log files please :

VMware KB: Location of VMware View log files

Regards,

Julien.

Regards, J.Varela http://vthink.fr
0 Kudos
msaundersmcp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey thanks for the reply,

I think this is want you need

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The VMware tools install have probably updated the video-driver that is specific for VMware view. Try to install the VMware View Agent again and be careful about VMware Tools updates.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
msaundersmcp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, where do I download the agent from to re-install? From the view server?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

No, not unless you have put them there manually. You could download them from VMwares dowload portal if you login with the account the have the licenses registered.

0 Kudos
msaundersmcp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Downloaded the agent from the vmware website and installed it again and boom it started to work again,

Thanks Buddy

Matt

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Great! I like the when it goes "boom"! 😉

0 Kudos