VMware Horizon Community
ChicaneUK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can't command line upgrade the Horizon Agent?

I seem to be having an issue with command line upgrade of the Horizon Agent on some persistent desktops. I'm doing this as I have a number to do, and I would rather not have to log into each of them to do the upgrade manually. 

I've found that if upgrading the version of the client from something older (e.g. 7.12), the upgrade process will work just fine when launched (for example) using the following syntax: 

VMware-Horizon-Agent-x86_64-7.13.1-19067315.exe /S /V"/qn VDM_VC_MANAGED_AGENT=1 ADDLOCAL=Core,SVIAgent,RTAV,ClientDriveRedirection,VmwVaudio,VmwVidd,BlastUDP"

However executing the exact same command line syntax on a guest with either 7.13.0 or the log4j vulnerable version of 7.13.1 on it, the process appears to run but doesn't seem to complete. The log output located in C:\ProgramData\VMware\logs seems to suggest it did the upgrade however it doesn't reboot, and even after a reboot you can see in the Connection Server that the version of the agent is still the existing version. 

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is the only solution to, basically, uninstall the existing version of the agent and reinstall from fresh? 

0 Kudos
0 Replies