VMware Horizon Community
macdougall
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't Uninstall Applications through Horizon View Client

I have a test network where we've installed Active Directory, DNS and Horizon View 7.

I'm able to create a desktop pool, add a Virtual Machine to the pool and assign a user.

When I log into the VM through Horizon View I can open things as administrator, and perform some other administrative tasks.

However, when I try to uninstall a program I get the following:

"Error 1730. You must be an administrator to remove this application. To remove this application you can log on as an administrator, or contact your technical support group for assistance."

Any ideas why I have some administrative privileges but not others?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

User Account Control?? Or maybe a Group Policy object in Windows that prevents uninstall?

It could also be that the application is corrupted or do you see this error with every application you try to uninstall??

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

User Account Control?? Or maybe a Group Policy object in Windows that prevents uninstall?

It could also be that the application is corrupted or do you see this error with every application you try to uninstall??

0 Kudos
macdougall
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, it was user account control. Just had to figure out how to configure them properly and send them to the VM. Thanks.

0 Kudos