VMware Horizon Community
LabsIT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't Rotate Display with Wyse P20

I am trying to step up a dual monitor system, I need to have one monitor running landscape and one in portrait. The problem is that I can seem to find any way to rotate the second monitor. It doesn't look like there is the option on the P20 to rotate the display, and I don't see one with in the VM any where. I tried downloading 3rd party tools to rotate the display, but the only ones I keep finding do not support the VM display driver.

Is there anyone that has a setup like this working using a Thin or Zero client?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DwayneL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You also have to be on VIEW 4.5 to use the new 3.2 display settings.

-Dwayne Lessner

-Dwayne Lessner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rcarsey1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i have not gotten this to work either. I had opened a help ticket for it and their answer was to upgrade to the newer firmware for the PCoIP zero-client. I did that, and there are settings in the zero-client's config where you can set the rotation of each monitor.

However, after changing the rotation of monitor #2 to portrait and logging into a vmware view hosted VM, it still does nothing. Maybe you'll have better luck. I believe you need the 3.2 firmware.

0 Kudos
DwayneL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You also have to be on VIEW 4.5 to use the new 3.2 display settings.

-Dwayne Lessner

-Dwayne Lessner
0 Kudos
jftuga
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have this working with a Samsung NC240 (Zero Client). My second monitor is in portrait mode. We are running Samsung/Teradici firmware 3.2 in conjunction with VMWare View 4.5. On this client, you have to go into the user settings before connecting to your VM in order to set the display orientation.

-John

LabsIT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, that seems to have fixed it. We had the 3.2 firmware and was able to see that extra display settings, and once we installed the view 4.5 agent on the VM it was working correctly then.

0 Kudos