VMware Horizon Community
kappyninewood
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can someone explain the blocking inheritance for VDI OU?

I got the following from the Win 7 Optimization guide below.  How do I go about making sure I don't break anything? Can I just block inheritance at my View desktop OU? How do I tell if some of the GPO's are being propegated to my view OU?

"Blocking Inheritance on an OU Blocking inheritance is a potentially important step if you wish to manage virtual machines. In some cases, a Group Policy being applied for computer accounts in other OUs may have a direct conflict with a setting you wish to apply in your Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environment (for example, a wallpaper policy). Additional information describing inheritance for Group Policies is located here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/grouppolicy/archive/2010/01/07/tales-from-the-community-enforced-vs-block..."

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can block inheritance at the View desktop OU level.   If you are using Group Policy management console and right click on the OU there is a block inheritance option.   If you want to see what is linked to the OU you can look at the Linked Group Policy Objects and if you want to see what the OU is current inheriting you can view the Group Policy Inheritance tab.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can block inheritance at the View desktop OU level.   If you are using Group Policy management console and right click on the OU there is a block inheritance option.   If you want to see what is linked to the OU you can look at the Linked Group Policy Objects and if you want to see what the OU is current inheriting you can view the Group Policy Inheritance tab.

0 Kudos
kappyninewood
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where do I go to see that? I can right click on my GPO and see the block inheritance, but not the other options?

0 Kudos