VMware Horizon Community
adamRbarber
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can not finish creating a linked clone RDS Farm

We have been looking at using the RDS farm and application delivery in Horizon view.

I have created a test manual farm and that has been successful I can launch applications.

I have created a new VM with server 2012 R@ and installed the view agent with the composer mode option set.

When I try and set up a Farm I can get all the way through the setup to the 'Guest Customization' screen where you select the OU and domain the linked clones will be placed, but from here I cannot continue as the next button is greyed out !!

I can not for the life of me think what might be causing me not to be able to continue, nothing is coming up with an error or in red to say i have missed anything.

We are running Horizon View 7.2.0

Anyone has seen this or experienced it before?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Do you have any customization specifications? We've been using instant clone rds farms, so I have never created an linked clone RDS farm in this enviornment. I go to that screen and if there is no customization specificaiton to select the next button is grayed out. I don't think quickprep is supported in linked clone rds farms so you need a customization spec for the pool.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArnoM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Does your vCenter server user has enough permissions within vCenter to perform Guest Optimizations on the VM?

Configure a vCenter Server User for View and View Composer

Blog: https://arnomeijroos.com/ Twitter: @ACMeijroos
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Do you have any customization specifications? We've been using instant clone rds farms, so I have never created an linked clone RDS farm in this enviornment. I go to that screen and if there is no customization specificaiton to select the next button is grayed out. I don't think quickprep is supported in linked clone rds farms so you need a customization spec for the pool.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
adamRbarber
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

you may be on to something there sjesse, I do not have any options in customization specification to select.

Thanks, I will try and figure out where I can create these customizations and see if it helps.

0 Kudos