VMware Horizon Community
charltonsect
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can a local user account be used with VMware View?

I have a bit of a unique situation.  I've virtualized a small PC (off the domain) which is essentially a controller or a large machine.  To run the vendor software, the local user account is needed.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to allow a local user account to be added in the View Manager.  Am I missing something, or is this just not a possibility?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
23 Replies
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This forum is very willing to help you. You should rread the instructions I referred to in the Admin Guide.

You can search the Web for how to apply GPO settings to your virtual desktops to enable this setting. It is a common procedure for managing settings via AD grouup policies.

Let us know what you have tried, and this forum will help you to get it right.

Keep with it and you will solve it. Don't be afraid to continue this thread. It may well help others too.

Mark

0 Kudos
charltonsect
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I've read the instructions and (unless I misunderstood them) they seem pretty clear.  However, the options described in the instructions do not appear on this VM Desktop.  I'm not sure why that is.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

When you load the .ADM file into AD, the settings are specified through AD Group policies. This then puts the setting in the registry on the virtual desktop. This is how Microsoft GPOs work.

Mark

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You have to add the Agent GPO to either the local VDI machine via the local Group Policy Editor or to a Domain GP and then apply it to the local VDI machine.  In your case the easiest would be to do it via the local VDI machine.

0 Kudos