VMware Horizon Community
asadz123
Contributor
Contributor

Can VMWARE HORIZON be an alternate to PAM/PIM solution?

In my feel , PAM/PIM solutions which are dedicated and independent security solutions, like CYBERARK or ObserveIT are limited in action when it comes to secure infrastructure management and manage the whole life-cycle , instead it focuses on just "just in time" use or part of the cycle. For example, solution who offered jump-server like arch, in my opinion scooping out functions from a VDI in terms of publishing, invocation and access to resources. Agents based solutions like ObserveIT control application use and misuse.

Should a properly fitted VDI allows , ubiquitous concept in resource management, allowing BYOD controls to put in place. I think after VDI, as residual risk control PAM/PIM should come. For example installing a PAM agent on connection server.

Also from business point of view linked clones provides better business uptime and productivity.

I appreciate if someone can open this discussion for me.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

With View, security of the desktop throug external network is received by Accesspoint, However installing PAM on connection server is not supported

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos