VMware Horizon Community
wallaceb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can I use AD to authticate but then use a local user?

Currently our set up has users authenticate to Horizon View with AD and create a new account on the VM they are connected to. I have instant clones that refresh on log off, so every log on is a new log on. I've gotten the login down to a reasonable time but it would be more efficient to have a preloaded local account. My concern is more so with Adobe CC and Autodesk always running the first time for each user. It would be so much faster if all that could be done on the image already. There is nothing that is needed on the domain for the users but I would like to know who is connected to what VM, hence why I want AD authentication in the Horizon cleint to still work.. If it is possible are there any drawbacks I may not be thinking of?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Have you considered using some type of profile manager like UEM to capture the users profile?

As for your question, yes you can have the user login as another user. You need to disable SSO in View admin or the view agent admx template. The user will be double prompted when logging into a machine. Once for Horizon and once for the desktop.

Globally:

Global Settings for Client Sessions

GPO:

VMware View Agent Configuration ADMX Template Settings

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Have you considered using some type of profile manager like UEM to capture the users profile?

As for your question, yes you can have the user login as another user. You need to disable SSO in View admin or the view agent admx template. The user will be double prompted when logging into a machine. Once for Horizon and once for the desktop.

Globally:

Global Settings for Client Sessions

GPO:

VMware View Agent Configuration ADMX Template Settings

0 Kudos