VMware Horizon Community
nary4484
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can I add a second set of new connection servers into my existing environment?

It's a complicated reason why I'm doing this... but we can't upgrade our existing connection servers (7.3.2)  because of some Tera1 devices that aren't being replaced soon enough.  We just stood up a couple UAG's but that requires Connection Server 7.11 or later to use SAML third-party integration... which is feature we want.

Anyways, so I've created two new Connection Servers on 7.12 and wondering if its possible to use these with my current environment?  If so, is it as easy as adding the vCenter Server settings on the new connection servers?

This would allow our remote users to access their pool via UAG and our onprem users to continue using the environment.  Then my thought is when we get the Tera1 devices replaced I can point the load balancer at the new connections servers and will then be able to demission the old ones.

Thoughts? Concerns?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm not sure sharing a vCenter between different Horizon environments is supported as Composer can only be paired to a single vCenter.

You could spin off a new pair and stand up a new environment but you will be doubling your admin/resources/vcenter/url's/load balancers etc...

If you have the resources it would be a good way to validate the new setup before you move everyone over.

Personally, I would move to get replacements for the Tear 1 as these have been out of support for 5 years and move onto Blast based Clients, then perform the upgrade of Horizon

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Open a ticket with GSS if you haven't already, as already mentioned you can't really share a composer server. Your not even at version that supports mixed-versions in a cloud pod ferederation, which I think is the only way mixed version is supported at all.

0 Kudos