VMware Horizon Community
jhyiesla
Contributor
Contributor

CTRL-ALT-DEL appears some times on View 4.5 Desktop

Most of the time, when our users go into a pool using either the View client or a Zero client device, when they connect to the pool they are automatically logged in and get to the desktop. Occasionally, not very often and with no consistency I can detect, the login process will instead show the user the standard Windows 7 CTRL-ALT-DEL screen.  Once they do CAD, they are logged on automatically with no other input required from them. Mostly everything works OK.  I have seen at least once instance where the user had to hit CAD and while they got to the desktop OK, the Thin Print GPO failed to run and failed to map their printer to the zero client device. Logging out and back in again, the user this time was NOT prompted for CAD and logged in normally and the GPO did it's thing as well. I see the same thing happen in my lab concerning the CAD.  I have a small three desktop pool in my lab and at least once a day in my testing I'll have to do CAD and then the next time will not. In both lab and production I have the pools set to log the user out immediately and to refresh the desktop.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

4 years later but wondering if you ever got a valid solution to this or did it go away on it's own?

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

i face it before

te solution were in group policy