VMware Horizon Community
vKarl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

CPU w/ on-board graphics for Horizon View. Needed or not?

Hi,

I am in the process of building a lab to test VMware Horizon technologies and have so far purchased the Supermicro X11SSH-LN4-FO motherboard for my server.

I am trying to work out if I actually need a CPU with on-board graphics.. Would it affect the performance of horizon desktops or can I safely purchase one the XEON's without the on-board graphics? I can always add in a graphics card if required at a later date, to test higher performance. But at the moment, I just want to see how it all works.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There is no need for on-board graphics at all for Horizon View, but you will need some kind of adapter for the ESX console.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There is no need for on-board graphics at all for Horizon View, but you will need some kind of adapter for the ESX console.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
vKarl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Linjo!

0 Kudos