I've discovered that after upgrade from VMWare View Agent 3.0.1 to 4.0, on some of our VM's I could not see the status anymore (e.g. user logged-in) in the View Admin console.
After some investigation I discovered that process "wssm.exe" was not running on these VM's. This process takes care of the status info, etc...
The process is started via regkey:
Now the bug: usually every entry in "Userinit" value ends with a comma ',' to separate the different processes, BUT: if there's no comma at the end of the value, VMWare View Agent setup will NOT check this and just add its own process.
Result of this: wssm.exe not running and the process just before the VMWare entry not running.
Solution: add ',' between 2 processes in "Userinit" value
In our case it was the Microsoft App-V client that caused the issue (not adding comma at end of line)