VMware Horizon Community
hnkVM
Contributor
Contributor

Bug? Provisioning Error with missing Datastores

Hello,

we got some "provisioning errors" for linked clone desktops, when some esx hosts are not seeing all datastores. In our environment we had a Veeam NFS datastores connected to one of our esx host, but it was not configures to all esx hosts. Those extra datastore were not used for View. After disconnecting the datastore the provisioning worked as expected.

environment:

esxi 4.1U1 build-348481

vcenter 4.1U1 build-345043  linked-mode

View 4.6.0 build-366101

Has somebody else experienced the same problems?

regards

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

it's not a bug as far as i remember (since view 3) as i've faced such similar issue and was resolved by a support request. maybe the rest could advise further.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I agree with idle-jam that it's not a bug.   As far back as I can remember shared datastores have always needed to be part of every host in the View cluster.   I remember seeing something about it the earlier admin guides but wasn't able to locate it in the 4.6 guide. 

0 Kudos
hnkVM
Contributor
Contributor

Thx for the quick answers. It is definitely best practice to have all the datastores connected to all esx. But the problem came with using Veeam B&R which creates new datastore for restore tasks. Those datastore have nothing to do with View deployments and the vSphere environment runs perfectly with those. And the error message you get does not "direct you the right way". We also saw those issues when the a datastore was connected differently (IP vs DNS) on different esx host - again not the best practice to do 🙂

0 Kudos