VMware Horizon Community
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Bluetooth and VIew

I have a few Docs that use view and would love to be able to use Dragon voice recognition on their Horizon View VM.  Seem to be having a hell of a time with the bluetooth headset working on the VM.  Works great on the MAC but not the VM for some reason.  Called in to support and seems like not a lot of luck there with the one tech.  Anyone have any luck using a BT headset with View???  Any help, questions, or comments are welcome.  Thanks

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Are you using USB redirection or RTAV to get the sound to/from the desktop?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You need to provide some more details like what exactly is not working, the model of the headset, Horizon View version, type of client etc...

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It's a Plantronics Voyager Pro Plus headset.  We can get windows to recognize the headset but the mic and speakers do not show up in control panel therefor it is unusable.  We have a case openwith Vmware but the tech is a bit puzzled as well.  We are on Version 5.2 running version 1.7 of the MAC client.  

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Are you using USB redirection or RTAV to get the sound to/from the desktop?

// Linjo

0 Kudos
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

So, I'd suggest that a bluetooth device remoted to the guest VM should work, however, it will be very susceptible to network latency, and given it is effectively a serial communication link (the bluetooth part) then it may timeout and result in non functioning behaviour like you report.

I would suggest that you try the following;

• get the headset working locally on the Mac.
  • DO NOT redirect the device using USB redirection. Make sure both the headphones and microphone remain local to the machine
  • Install RTAV (5.3 Feature Pack 1, or 5.2 with Feature Pack2) along with the recent OS X v2.3 client.
  • Configure OS X such that the default audio in device is the headset microphone (using sound preferences)
  • Configure the OS X output audio device to be either the local speakers or the bluetooth headset - whichever you prefer
  • Check that RTAV is working - eg using the VMwAmCap test application Real-Time Audio-Video Test Application – VMware Labs or similar

Now, in Dragon, you should be able to use the "VMware Virtual Microphone" as the input audio device.

My blog post here covers RTAV on OS X in more detail. Real-Time Audio-Video (RTAV) for Horizon View, Part 3 | VMware End-User Computing Blog - VMware Blog...

Let me know how you get on,

cheers

peterB

0 Kudos