VMware Horizon Community
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Bluetooth Redirection with Imprivata

We are expanding out VDI environment and at the same time we are implementing Imprivata into the mix.  We have a bunch of mobile stations that will travel between patient rooms that have hand held scanners attached to them.  I tested out one laptop with the latest client and View and teh redirection seems to work just fine.  However, the vendor that we have to go thru to use Imprivata is only capable of using View client 5.4.  Redirection works on that version but the scanner needs setup each time it opens a new desktop.  That requires scanning in the code to the new desktop and we can't have users doing this every time.  Was curious if there is some type of work-a-round that would rectify this issue.  Any questions or comments are welcome.  Thanks

P

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

hi there,

no answers yet - more fact finding...

When you talk about Redirection - this is USB redirection of the scanner correct?

Can you explain in more detail what this means: "the scanner needs setup each time it opens a new desktop.  That requires scanning in the code to the new desktop"

is the problem that the usb drivers end up being installed each time a user connects? or, ...? I dont really understand what is happening here.

If a user has to "scan in a code" - where do they do this and into what app do they do this? What does that app then do - write some registry keys?

Is the problem that a specific device (and serial number) gets associated with a desktop, so as a user moved between rooms (but logs into the same desktop) given its a different scanner each time it then needs registering?

Let me know a little more detail. Right now, my hunch would be on this being something you'd need to discuss with the scanner app vendor - if they are requiring devices to be registered per desktop. Maybe there is a way to pre-register all devices against all desktops.....

anyway, provide a bit more info and i will see if i can offer any suggestions

cheers

peterB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

hi there,

no answers yet - more fact finding...

When you talk about Redirection - this is USB redirection of the scanner correct?

Can you explain in more detail what this means: "the scanner needs setup each time it opens a new desktop.  That requires scanning in the code to the new desktop"

is the problem that the usb drivers end up being installed each time a user connects? or, ...? I dont really understand what is happening here.

If a user has to "scan in a code" - where do they do this and into what app do they do this? What does that app then do - write some registry keys?

Is the problem that a specific device (and serial number) gets associated with a desktop, so as a user moved between rooms (but logs into the same desktop) given its a different scanner each time it then needs registering?

Let me know a little more detail. Right now, my hunch would be on this being something you'd need to discuss with the scanner app vendor - if they are requiring devices to be registered per desktop. Maybe there is a way to pre-register all devices against all desktops.....

anyway, provide a bit more info and i will see if i can offer any suggestions

cheers

peterB

0 Kudos
CA_Chris
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Are you baking in the driver as part of the golden image process?

0 Kudos
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, the driver is baked in with the master image.  We finally got  the vendor to approve a new View client and now we are able to scan.  Seems like it needed to be version 3.2 or higher to get this to work.  Thanks for teh reply!!

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos