VMware Horizon Community
Bosna
Contributor
Contributor

Blast Extreme and physical desktops (Horizon 7)

Does anyone have Blast Extreme working with physical desktops which have a GPU?

The issue we're seeing is that, when remoting into a physical desktop which has a dedicated GPU (a nVidia GTX970, in this case), you just get a black screen. It never times out, just stays black forever. If you disable the video card in device manager, you can remote in just fine, using Blast Extreme. Obviously, we can't just disable the GPUs on all the desktops.

This occurs across 300+ workstations running with all sorts of different hardware.

8 Replies
Flow41
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a same error !

I have try with AIT, Nvidia, Intell .... Windows 10, Windows 7 ...

You have found a solution?

Florian

0 Kudos
RandyDGroves
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

AFAIK, Horizon does not support physical desktops. Teradici supports them with their hardware and software Remote Workstation solutions http://www.teradici.com/products-and-solutions/pcoip-products/remote-workstation-solutions

Aaron206
Contributor
Contributor

Blast doesn't require a teradici chip so it should work.

I get the same result though... on a physical PC.

0 Kudos
RandyDGroves
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Teradici Cloud Access Software does not require any hardware to work on a physical desktop;  http://www.teradici.com/products-and-solutions/pcoip-products/cloud-access-software

curtisbrown_01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm curious - what response do you get from other protocols (PCoIP or RDP)?  I'd imagine RDP will work (this doesn't use the GPU or it's driver), but PCoIP is certainly worth checking.

I know that black screens with PCoIP can occur when the video driver is installed or upgraded after installing View Agent.  PCoIP might end up being your get out of jail card here.

0 Kudos
RandyDGroves
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The issue is that Horizon currently assumes it is in a VM and does not support physical machines, even with PCoIP.

smoiron
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe Horizon 7.1 changes that once it's released.

0 Kudos
Topstep1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well, 7.1 is out and I have the same issue; black screen, Nvidia GPU, Sessions connects and shows USB devices for redirection but screen is black.

If I login with another Admin account from the Console, I can see the remote session user USER (task manager)

It is true; disconnecting the Video Card in Device Manager does, indeed allow you to Connect.

OK so the readme for 7.1 specifically states that this is now possible; so how?

ps. I did see the tidbit about 'not having the monitor connected'. I tried it and same result (disconnected the monitor, rebooted, and tried to connect)

Best Regards

0 Kudos