VMware Horizon Community
sahara101
Contributor
Contributor

Black screen in Horizon client/pcoip

Hello,

I am facing a weird issue and cannot get to the bottom of it, I already read tens of posts.

I created a Pool and added one Windows Server 2012 maschine in it. Horizon 7, Agent 7.7.0

If I try to connect to the maschine I only get a black screen. I know the connection is established, because if I open the vSphere console I see what I click on. Mouse is invisible on the console, but selections are not. If I terminate the Horizon connection, the Console in vSphere goes black for a couple of seconds and then I see the ctrl alt del page. Clicking in console is not possible.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

are you sure that all ports are opened for PCOIP , this symptom normally happen when port 4172 UDP is closed between horizon client and connection server + virtual desktop

please check again

have a look in this kb  too

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
sahara101
Contributor
Contributor

Both firewalls are off. I can telnet the port from the horizon client to connection server, but not the other way around. The vSphere server is in a different network than the connection server. I just gave the server an extra network adapter so it can communicate with vSphere. At the same time vSphere is connected to another connection server (same networks, both). I assume this could not have something to do with the issue, or? Client is connecting, only thhe black screen...same through web access.

0 Kudos