VMware Horizon Community
aaronb123
Contributor
Contributor

Black screen followed by disconnect

Hello,

First, I am by far no Mac expert. I'm testing the new client our Execs that use Macs.

So, I installed the View client following the method posted in the forums. With one exception, I replaced the existing version 4.x already installed.

I then connected to my connention manager server and see the Pools available to me. I then selected the Pool with PCoIP display protocol and the connection begins. A few seconds later, a black screen appears and the connection is dropped soon after that.

I've repeated this behaviour on 2 other Macs. One even had Lion installed.

I checked the local SEP (antivirus / firewall) on the Mac and the firewall feature was not configured. All internall LAN firewalls have the necessary ports open (Windows PCs can connect to the pools from the same network, using PCoIP). So, Im at a bit of a loss.

Typically, in Windows, the black screen indicates that 4172 UDP&TCP might not be open. But this is not the issue in this case, since Windows PCs can connect sans problem.

Any ideas?

My Execs are looking forward to using the new Client.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
aaronb123
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like I resolved the issue.

It appears that you need VMware View Agent 4.6 and above. Version 4.5 does not work with the Mac Tech Preview.

0 Kudos
samerg
Contributor
Contributor

I think this is also an issue not directly related to this new client, I have seen this with the existing Windows clients as well: as soon as you update the VMware Tools within the VM, PCoIP stops working in my environment. I have to uninstall the agent, uninstall the tools, re-install the tools and re-install the agent. Then PCoIP starts working again.

0 Kudos