VMware Horizon Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Black screen and loss of IP from Vista VM's

Hey All,

I've been racking my brain on this for a few days so I thought I would post.

ESXi/vSphere 4.1u1

View 4.6 (mix of LInked Clones and full VM's)

Vista SP1

I had to rebuild my environment to finalize some documentation.  Ever since I rebuilt it, the Vista VM's have been giving me fits.  The VM's are provisioned fine, join the domain, and get all of the usual host agents deployed from the network.  Everything works great from the provisioning side.

Then, a few hours later, they lose their IP address and instead get an APIPA address.  Many times, they also lose their display when viewed through the vSphere client.

I can connect to SOME of them through View Client, some times.  At least until they lose their IP.  I have tried turning off Windows Firewall, etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts?  Maybe a NIC driver conflict between View Agent and VMware Tools?  (I made certain to install them in the right order).  I realize this could be anything (networking, firewalls, services, View Agent, etc.).

One recent change was the addition lf the McAfee NAC Client.  It is not setup to restrict network access, and all of the VM's show healthy in the NAC tool.  I will try uninstalling that next.

Thanks,
Drew

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies