VMware Horizon Community
amjadali_bb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Automating VMWare View 5.0 with PCOIP

Hi,

I am trying to automate the execution of applications within VMWare View Client (PCOIP). However, I am stuck with sending keys to applications. I have unsuccessfully tried On Screen Keyboard, SendKeys, Keyboard hook for this purpose. I am also read VIX API documentation but I don't think that it works for me as I do not have administrator rights. Please advise.

Regards,

Amjad Ali

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dvhorvath
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm not sure I understand the question either, but I've had some success using AutoIT (http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/) for automation in the past. Using that, you can compile a script as an executable to run within the VM.

If you don't have admin rights on the VM, you could still use the Run value in the current user registry to start an application at login. Have you tried putting the path to the executable you're trying to launch in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run?

You might be able to use both of these ideas, and put the path to an AutoIT executable in the HKCU Run key to get the kind of automation you're looking for.

Dave

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the forums Amjad.   When you say automating are you referring to something like hot keys on the keyboard?

0 Kudos
dvhorvath
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm not sure I understand the question either, but I've had some success using AutoIT (http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/) for automation in the past. Using that, you can compile a script as an executable to run within the VM.

If you don't have admin rights on the VM, you could still use the Run value in the current user registry to start an application at login. Have you tried putting the path to the executable you're trying to launch in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run?

You might be able to use both of these ideas, and put the path to an AutoIT executable in the HKCU Run key to get the kind of automation you're looking for.

Dave

0 Kudos
amjadali_bb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello mittim,

I am automating the steps outside of VM. For now, I am launching VMWare View Client via command line, pass credentials, connect to desktop, launching applications using mouse events but I can not send keystrokes to VMWare View Client if I have to type some thing inside VM. I have tried using OnScreen Keyboard.

0 Kudos
amjadali_bb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Alot Dave.

AutoIt made my life easy. I am using the DLL in my project.

Regards,

Amjad Ali

0 Kudos