VMware Horizon Community
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Automatic USB Redirection within View Client v 3.1.2

Hi, I was wondering if the view client v3.1.2 can automatically connect a USB pen/Drive within the VM XP? I use thin clients in a college environment and it would be great if when they put in a USB pen/drive it would automatically connect to the VM first and not the thin client xpe. So I was wondering if there is a setting I have missed or a reg hack which can do this.

Many thanks for any input you can give.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We are working on this feature, but it is not currently available.

0 Kudos
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick response. Do you know roughly when this would be available? Also do you or anyone know if a Reg or anything can do this as a temporary fix? It Is really important in order for me to put 600 of these out.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give

0 Kudos
hmartin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

TSher,

This works fine with other thin client operating systems. We use Wyse V10L thin clients and it works perfectly. I believe HP's t5545 Linux-based thin client will also do this. Between these two, I would recommend the Wyse. Cheers.

0 Kudos
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice on the WYSE solutions. I will look in to it fo rhte future.

0 Kudos
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Has there been any update for this issue, perhaps for the View Client v4? I haven't found a way to do this other than using thin clients.

VCDX-Desktop
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

It's not in the current version.

Regards,

Christoph

Don't forget to award the points if this answer was helpful for you.

Blog:

http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/dommermuth |

0 Kudos
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That's a bummer, especially considering we use USB devices for our biometric dual factor authentication.

VCDX-Desktop
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Give it some time ......

0 Kudos
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Has this been addressed with the latest iteration of the View Client, which I'm presuming to be 4.5?

VCDX-Desktop
0 Kudos
eeg3
Commander
Commander

The Windows client now has an "Autoconnect USB Devices" option in 4.5.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
0 Kudos