VMware Horizon Community
apoliti
Contributor
Contributor

Automated Desktop Pool Floating Assignment not available

Dear all,

I am trying to configure new VM using the VMware Horizon 7 Administrator (no flash). Apparently a manual Desktop assignment is not anymore possible from the non-flash app.

For vCenter Server > Full Virtual Machines I miss the User Assignment > Floating option.This option is essential for us and should be present according to vmware documentation.

apoliti_0-1629292505698.png

I do see a floating option with instant clones, however this is not usable for us. Also I did have a floating option in the flash app.

Is there something that needs to be configured so that the option reappears?

Thanks

Antonio Politi
MPIBPC Goettingen

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Which version of Horizon? I just verified that this works fine on 7.12 and 8.2 (2103).

Its unlikely to be the cause, but did you try a different browser?

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
apoliti
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Jubish-Jose,

thanks for your quick answer. The html5 version (no-flash) does not give me the exact version number, I get only VMHorizon 7 (see image). For the Flash version I get 7.5.0 build-8583569. I guess it is not the browser as I get the same issue with chrome and firefox.

Either we need to upgrade to 7.12 or there are some access rights that are missing. BTW I do not have any JMP server running. Is this required?

apoliti_0-1629354442507.png

0 Kudos
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The Horizon Console (HTML based) is experimental in Horizon 7.5 and some of the features are not supported. so you need to either upgrade the version, or use the Horizon Administrator (Flash based).

The following features are not supported:
   Automated, floating-assignment pools of full virtual machines

Please see the attached Horizon 7.5 documentation. 

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
Tags (1)