VMware Horizon Community
iamforksu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Autoconnect to server on startup for VMware Horizon View Client 2.2?

In previous iterations(5.x) there was simply an option to "Always connect to this server at startup". 

In testing out 2.2.0 I am not seeing that option anywhere. I have also yet to find any switch I can add to turn this feature on.  Does anyone know if this is still possible?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nzorn
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You can create a custom shortcut that will bypass the user selecting the connection server:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Horizon View Client\vmware-view.exe" -desktopProtocol PCOIP -desktopLayout fullScreen -serverURL "view.connection.server.url" -logInAsCurrentUser false

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Once you login to a desktop you have the option to set "Autoconnect to this desktop" on the shade.

0 Kudos
iamforksu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick reply but.....

I have that option selected, but the initial screen is still requiring user interaction to select which server to connect to, even though I only have one server added.  Once I select that server everything auto connects, but I would like there to be no user input required once the View Client is launched.

0 Kudos
nzorn
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You can create a custom shortcut that will bypass the user selecting the connection server:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Horizon View Client\vmware-view.exe" -desktopProtocol PCOIP -desktopLayout fullScreen -serverURL "view.connection.server.url" -logInAsCurrentUser false

0 Kudos
iamforksu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Those were the switches I was looking for, thank you.

0 Kudos